Some Stuff I’ve Done
- SEO since August of 2001.
- Former Director of Search Marketing at WebSourced/Keyword Ranking.
- Former VP of Operations at Fortune Interactive.
- SEO, Tech, Marketing consulting since November of 2006.
- Started ontolo – what I think of as the next generation of prospecting tools – in July of 2008. Released in December of 2008. ontolo is, fundamentally, a very fast, large scale, precise research tool with all of its features tailored to marketing of any type.
- Relationship/Dating coach for women in 2013. Returning to relationship coaching in 2017. (ontolo is still my primary focus. I just get asked to help folks with their relationships too often to keep ignoring it.) You can see this previous work at Full Feminine. Navigating Love is a new site in the works for working with both genders and also couples in 2017.
- Completely rewrote all of ontolo in pure C from December of 2014 through May of 2016. It is now very fast, very lightweight, very scalable, and does a lot of things that no other marketing tools are capable of doing. I’m currently working through user interface features and am logging the process on the vlog. I expect to shift the vlog to the marketing process in January or February of 2017.
- Started the ontolo marketing/tech/ux/psychology vlog in October of 2016.
- Finally began putting together the site for my personal brand, which you’re reading now. I began this on 2016.12.05, and expect to be done by 2016.12.31.
Work with Me
- If you’re a marketers, sign up for ontolo.
- I’m available to speak at conferences around the country on anything related to vlogging, programming/technology, marketing, or entrepreneurship.
- I’m more than happy to jump on a podcast or be a guest on your vlog as well.
- I occasionally do consulting work if the project is both challenging and interesting. Most often, this centers on making sense of lots of data, and writing custom code to do so. An example of this is a news site I worked with to analyze over 200,000 articles they had published, identify important people, places, events, etc, design a custom taxonomy, then analyze all previous articles to properly classify each. This all was then wrapped in an on-page SEO strategy to optimize for the many thousands of taxonomy items, as well as the millions of taxonomy combinations (e.g. person+event).
Email me at my first name, dot, my last name, using GMail.